Thursday, January 26, 2017

Petrified Forest and Painted Desert

While we were in Cottonwood, Arizona, we took a day trip to the Petrified Forest National Park, which is also on the edge of the Painted Desert. Arizona is a beautiful state. When we arrived, we drove along the edge of the Painted Desert first. The pictures do not come close to the majestic beauty that is there.

























After driving along the edge of the Painted Desert, we entered the Petrified Forest. The petrified logs are amazing.























This tree was splintered into wood chips. It is amazing how much it really looks like wood chips.









We have not done a lot of sightseeing, but what we have done has been awesome. I hope you enjoyed the pictures. 

Kay and I are having a wonderful trip. I still feel like I am on vacation. We finally have better cellular and I could put this blog post together. Now I am only one month behind! I should be able to get caught up this week. We send our love to all of you following the blog. Leave us a comment so that we can feel the love.

Russ and Kay

2 comments:

Greg said...

Amazing pictures. Your trip has Sonja and I wanting to do something similar in five years when our children will all be done with their schooling and living on their own. We were planning on driving around New England for three weeks in September and October but now we have made plans to do the same in Ireland instead.

Kay and Russ Wallace said...

Hopefully we will still be traveling. It would be nice to travel together for a bit.