Thursday, January 19, 2017

Grand Canyon

Our trip has been mostly about visiting family and friends. We did a little more sightseeing as well as visiting with family after arriving in Cottonwood, Arizona.

Most Sundays we also try to find a church to attend. I mentioned going to church because I wanted to share these pictures of The Church of the Red Rocks, UCC. They have a beautiful building, but it was not the architecture that impressed me. It was the beauty of God's creation outside that could be viewed through the windows that I found so impressive.



The entrance to the church

The view from the parking lot

The view inside on Christmas morning.
It snowed Christmas Eve!

Beautiful stained glass window

View from the foot of the church driveway. Sedona, Arizona

After church on Sunday the 18th, we drove from Sedona to Queen Creek, Arizona to have lunch with Sue and my brother Roy.  We went out for lunch at their favorite pizza place.

Russ, Kay, Sue and Roy

They invited us back for Christmas dinner and we also got to visit with my niece Katie, my nephew Jeff and his wife Cristyna. I had not seen Jeff in over 25 years.

Cristyna and Jeff Wallace

Katie Wallace

During the week just before Christmas, we did a little sightseeing. The trip to the Grand Canyon was amazing. Kay is experiencing a lot of firsts and the Grand Canyon is her favorite place so far. It is something you need to see in person, but here are some views from the rim of the Grand Canyon.















Thanks for stopping by our blog. Leave us a comment if you enjoy following our journey.

1 comment:

Mark from Missouri said...

I'm so jealous. Can't wait to see the Grand Canyon.

Hope you guys are having a blast!